ULI Oklahoma: Denver Peer City Trip
Join us for ULI Oklahoma’s Peer City Trip as we head to Denver, Colorado. Our peer city trips are an opportunity to see firsthand how other communities are handling important land use and development issues.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21st
• Depart OKC – Flights are the responsibility of each participant. Allow at least an hour travel time from Denver Airport to Union Station.
• Check-in @ Hilton Garden Inn Denver Union Station
• Denver “Yesterday/Today/Tomorrow” – Welcome Presentation & Happy Hour – 4:30pm
• Group Dinner – 7:00pm
• FREE TIME
• Union Station & Denver Regional Transit – All aboard! Representatives from EastWest Development and Denver’s Regional Transit agency will cover the history of the Union Station development site and how regional transit set the course for Denver’s growth.
https://www.rtd-denver.com/• 5280 Loop – Envisioning a “green belt” throughout the heart of downtown Denver, we’ll bike the conceptual 5280 Loop with Downtown Denver Partnership. Grab your water and comfortable clothes – this 5-mile urban trail links together a mosaic of distinct downtown districts and adjacent neighborhoods.
• FREE TIME – grab lunch and a quick nap. The rest of the day will be on foot, so you’ll need the extra energy!
• Highlands Infill Walking Tour – Pack your comfortable walking shoes – we’ll head over the river/Interstate 25 into the Highlands to explore several residential and commercial infill projects.
• FREE TIME – Spend the evening exploring the rest of the Highlands or venture out on your own for an evening of bar hopping!
• McGregor Square – Owned by the Colorado Rockies and adjacent to Coors Field, McGregor Square features a hotel, condos, restaurants, a food hall, an outdoor plaza, offices, and retail spaces. Spanning an entire block adjacent to Coors Field, McGregor Square aims to provide a year-round extension of the game-day experience.
• Dairy Block – 11:00am to 12:30pm – We’ll wrap up our trip at this open-air market for brunch/lunch. Folks can race back for their afternoon flight or stick around to finish their weekend in Denver.
• Depart Denver afternoon/evening – Flights are the responsibility of each participant. Allow at least an hour travel time from Union Station to Denver Airport.
EARLY BIRD thru August 4th:
Additional Occupant: $350 … If you’re willing to share a room, coordinate with another guest and register together. Once the primary person has registered and paid the fee ($775 for Member + Guest / $975 for Non-Member + Guest) please email firstname.lastname@example.org to provide the name of the 2nd registrant.
Cost AFTER August 4th:
Additional Occupant: $350 … If you’re willing to share a room, coordinate with another guest and register together. Once the primary person has registered and paid the fee ($875 for Member + Guest / $1,075 for Non-Member + Guest) please email email@example.com to provide the name of the 2nd registrant.
Registration DOES NOT include:
- Flights to/from Denver (approximately $250-300)
- Metro Tickets (required, but instructions to purchase will be given in participant packet – approximately $30)
- Several Meals – TBD
Space is extremely limited for Peer City Trips, so please clear your calendar if you plan to attend. If you must cancel, 50% refund until September 3rd … No refunds after September 3rd – you will be responsible for filling your spot
Both Southwest & United offer multiple direct flights on Thursday/Saturday. Feel free to arrive early/stay late, but add’l lodging arrangements will be your responsibility. More than likely we will kick off with a happy hour on Thursday evening (4:30pm) and end near lunchtime on Saturday (12:30pm – but you can peel out if you have an early flight).