REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC)
The REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) is the nation’s largest, most successful, and most bipartisan political action committee. Your voluntary investment is used to improve your bottom line in several ways: through issues mobilization, political advocacy, and by directly supporting candidates at the local, state, and federal levels of government who champion the ideals and principles of REALTORS®. RPAC is your best investment in real estate!
How much do I invest?
The Fair Share investment is $20. While Major Investors are critical to the future and the success of RPAC, we know not everyone can give $1,000 or more. We also know that many of our members want to give more than $20. For that reason, there is a special recognition program for those who give above the $20 Fair Share investment:
- Leadership Club ($500-$999 annually)
- Capitol Club ($250-$499 annually)
- $99 Club ($99-$249 annually)
- RPAC Investor ($20-$98 annually)
Where does my RPAC investment go?
Of every dollar you invest, 35 cents stays with OKCMAR RPAC to support local candidates and issues in the greater metro area. Another 35 cents is used by OAR RPAC in state races. The remaining 30 cents goes to National RPAC to help elect a REALTOR®-friendly Congress.
How does my RPAC investment pay off?
Your RPAC investment pays off with every political victory:
- State and federal tax credits for first-time and repeat homebuyers helped over 1.8 million people buy a home, increasing average REALTOR® commission income by more than $6,200.
- Raising the conforming mortgage loan limits for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac increased the earnings of the typical REALTOR® by $6,250.
- Preserving the Mortgage Interest Deduction in Congress protects annual commission income for the average REALTOR® of over $3,750.
- Lenders were slashing short sales commissions below the amount agreed to by the real estate broker and seller, but thanks to RPAC, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are now banned from renegotiating commissions for short sales.
RPAC saves the typical REALTOR® more than $15,000 each year.