The OKC Chamber of Commerce gave tips on how you could help spread the word!
1. Follow @YESforMAPS on Twitter, use #LoveYourOKC hashtag
2. Like Love Your OKC – YES for MAPS Dec. 10 on Facebook (facebook.com/loveyourokc)
3. Follow @loveyourokc on Instagram, use #LoveYourOKC and #❤OKC hashtags
4. Download logo located at the bottom of every page on our website and make it your profile pic .
5. Share Facebook page, Twitter account and Instagram profile with your followers/friends (links are in the footer of website as well)
6. Tweet/share links to pages on loveyourokc.com website (especially news articles on loveyourokc.com/news) with your followers/friends
7. Encourage friends and followers to join the coalition – loveyourokc.com/join-our-coalition
8. Retweet / share campaign posts with your personal networks and encourage others to do the same
Some suggested “talking points” (use/tag @YESforMAPS for Twitter; @loveyourokc on Instagram, Love Your OKC – YES for MAPS Dec. 10 on Facebook where applicable):
1. Vote YES for MAPS 4 on December 10 to keep making OKC into a place in which we want to live – without raising taxes.
2. The MAPS 4 Love Your OKC plan is a comprehensive package of projects that work together effectively to address some of our community’s most urgent needs and position us for more success in the future.
3. We are doing great things as a city. MAPS 4 Love Your OKC is a timely continuation of the original MAPS that has done so much for OKC.
4. Voting YES for the MAPS 4 Love Your OKC plan will do so much for our city – addressing human needs, stimulating more jobs & economic growth, our neighborhoods and our quality of life — WITHOUT raising taxes.
5. The MAPS 4 Love Your OKC projects work together to help continue the original MAPS vision of making OKC into the type of city in which we want to live – without raising taxes.
6. Like all the MAPS programs, a citizen oversight board will provide even more community input and oversight for these facilities and programs as they are built out and put into play. And all the projects will be built debt-free!
7. As the Safer Streets, Better OKC program ends that is currently doing so much for our streets and roads, now it’s time to turn our attention to other areas that can help our economy, quality of life, neighborhoods and fellow citizens – without raising taxes.
8. The MAPS 4 Love Your OKC plan is a comprehensive package that works together to accomplish our goals as a city and continues the original MAPS vision, and even includes mechanisms for operational funding so we can get the most bang for our buck.
9. The debt-free MAPS 4 Love Your OKC is a comprehensive package that addresses some of our most pressing needs as a city: jobs and economy, human needs, neighborhood improvements and quality-of-life projects. All the projects work together to help us get the most out of our investment – without raising taxes. YES on Dec. 10
10. VOTE YES on December 10 for the Love Your OKC MAPS 4 program to keep building OKC into a place we want to live, just like the original MAPS.
11. MAPS has done so much for OKC, without creating new debt. MAPS 4 is a comprehensive package that works together to keep us moving in the right direction as a city. YES on December 10.
12. MAPS 4 is the next iteration of our groundbreaking MAPS programs, and it’s all about lovability and livability. YES on Dec. 10 to unleash the power of MAPS all over our city and community, without raising taxes.
Some suggested language (use/tag @YESforMAPS for Twitter; @loveyourokc on Instagram, Love Your OKC – YES for MAPS Dec. 10 for Facebook where applicable):
1. Get involved with the campaign to support @YESforMAPS / Love Your OKC – YES for MAPS Dec. 10: http//www.loveyourokc.com/ #LoveYourOKC
2. Voting @YESforMAPS / YES for the Love Your OKC MAPS 4 package on Dec. 10 won’t raise our taxes, but will help us continue making OKC into a place we want to live. www.loveyourokc.com #LoveYourOKC
3. Get registered to vote by Nov. 15 to #LoveYourOKC and vote YES on MAPS 4 Dec. 10! More info: loveyourokc.com
4. A yes vote on December 10 for MAPS 4 doesn’t raise taxes, and addresses four major needs of our community in a comprehensive manner. The projects work together to continue the vision of the original MAPS to keep building OKC into the city in which we want to live. Join me in voting YES and #LoveYourOKC on December 10! www.loveyourokc.com
5. YES for MAPS 4 to address human needs, stimulate jobs and our economy, help our neighborhoods and improve our quality of life in a comprehensive manner – without raising taxes. #LoveYourOKC and vote YES on December 10! www.loveyourokc.com
6. Just like the other MAPS programs, the MAPS 4 #LoveYourOKC projects will be built debt-free and will have citizen oversight. Vote YES on Dec. 10 to keep building OKC up and help every part of our community! Join the coalition: www.loveyourokc.com/join-our-coalition
7. Tell your friends to vote YES for MAPS 4 Dec. 10 to help build our city up for all and unleash the power of MAPS to all parts of our community- without raising taxes. #LoveYourOKC
8. Addressing human needs, stimulating jobs and our economy, helping our neighborhoods and improving our quality of life, all without raising taxes? That’s an easy decision – join me in voting YES for MAPS 4 on Dec. 10 and #LoveYourOKC! www.loveyourokc.com
9. Join our coalition to keep building OKC into the city we want to live and help build up all parts of our community (& without raising taxes): www.loveyourokc.com/join-our-coalition #LoveYourOKC and vote YES on Dec. 10!
10. Last day to register to vote & #LoveYourOKC through the power of MAPS 4 is Nov. 15! www.loveyourokc.com
December 10 is Election Day. Don’t forget to #LoveYourOKC to unleash the power of MAPS in a comprehensive way to all parts of our city WITHOUT raising taxes. YES for MAPS 4! www.loveyourokc.com