January 15, 2018
Have you been a REALTOR® for 40+ years??? A REALTOR® Member who has held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or both, for a cumulative period of forty (40) years is eligible for REALTOR® Emeritus status.
What does this mean?
Good news! If NAR approve your application (CLICK HERE):
- you will no longer pay local, state and national dues! (You do still have to pay for MLS service though).
- REALTOR® Emeritus Members are exempt from the Code of Ethics Training requirement.
Please note that the dues waiver does not take effect until the dues year immediately following the NAR Board of Directors’ approval.
What are the requirements?
- Beginning with applications filed in 2015, in addition to the forty (40) years of membership, a REALTOR® Emeritus candidate member must also have completed at least one (1) year of service at the National Association level. However, for applications filed through 2019, the one (1) year service requirement may also be met through service* at the state or local level. This provision will sunset at the end of 2019.
- Complete the application (CLICK HERE) and return it to OKCMAR by 3/15/18. Applications must be forwarded to NAR by the member’s local association.
- Documentation substantiating the candidate’s forty (40) years of membership (and one (1) year of service, as applicable) must be attached to the application.
* “Service” is defined as serving as an officer, director, committee member, federal political coordinator, president’s liaison or regional coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.
Applications submitted in 2020 and beyond will require proof of one (1) year of service* at the National Association level.
March 15th, 2018 will be the deadline to complete this form for REALTOR® Emeritus status and return them to OKCMAR.
Applications (CLICK HERE) must be completed by the association and submitted to NAR.