July 9, 2018
Since accuracy is a top priority for MLSOK, a timely detection of noncompliant MLS data is beneficial. Earlier this year, MLSOK launched CoreLogic’s Listing Data Checker, an MLS data validation and rule enforcer. Detection delay causes public website and IDX feed exposure, which leads to potential liability and unhappy sellers, buyers and agents.
What’s the goal?
- Improved MLS Data Integrity
- Enforces integrity of exported data
- Rules enforcement
- Positive member feedback
What exactly does LDC do?
- Scans all new and changed listings against the MLS-defined rules and public record data
- Detects infractions
- Sends notifications based on workflow
- Sends fine notifications and subsequent/escalation notices
- Flags expired violations for further staff action
- Creates fine exports, including fines and credits
- Updates corrected infractions
- Provides smart-links to compliancy matters from your MLS system
In addition, LDC can be used for proactive items to help improve data and for agent/office based violations.
Are your listings up to par? Here are some examples of what LDC can do for your data:
- Inaccurate Tax ID
- Inaccurate address and property information
- Late entry of new listings
- Public remarks/property description violations
- Required photograph violation
- Virtual tour URL check
- Sales reporting errors
- Key documents to be uploaded
- Untimely status changes
- Agent based rules
- Office based rules
For MLS rules and compliance, please visit the pages listed below:
MLS Rules and Regulations
MLS Compliance Guide