The Government Affairs Committee consists of five or more members who are active REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) donors.
Duties of the Government Affairs Committee include:
• Monitoring proposed state and national legislation affecting realty interests and recommend appropriate policy to the Board of Directors
• Responding immediately to coordinate legislative Calls to Action to membership upon notice from NAR or OAR
• Coordinating activities which will encourage REALTOR® interest in legislative affairs
• Monitoring city government actions affecting realty interests in such areas as planning and zoning, land use, taxation and bond issues, as well as ordinances or legislation affecting home ownership or private property rights
• Suggesting and advising the Board of Directors and membership regarding new legislation