January 22, 2018
The OKCMAR Foundation was founded as an effort to aid victims of the Moore tornado in 2013. Since then, it has evolved into an organization helping in various aspects in the community.
With the support of donors and volunteers, the OKCMAR Foundation has established the following community partnerships:
- Disaster Relief Support: $15,000 sent to aid REALTORS® in other states across the country where they have been hit with natural disasters.
- Neighborhood Alliance of Central Oklahoma: $10,000 to support programs to develop stronger neighborhoods across Central Oklahoma.
- Tools for Schools: Donated over $5,000 in supplies and donations given to low-performing schools in the OKCPS District.
- Pauline E. Meyer Shelter & Deborah Roth Group Home: $5,000 to help children and special needs clients in need of housing and temporary shelter.
- White Fields Boys Home: $5,000 to help care for abused and neglected boys who have experienced multiple failed placements and have no place left to go.
- Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma: $1,000 to support programs providing job opportunities for the disabled.
- Beverly Carter Memorial Fund: $500 to help the grandchildren of murdered REALTOR® Beverly Carter. The fund inspired the development of the BevScope app dedicated to helping keep individuals safe by assessing the risk of danger.
- Free Legal Hotline: Providing free legal service answering questions about housing legal transactions.
- Habitat for Humanity: Volunteered to frame houses for families in need of housing.
- Suited for Success: Secured donated clothes for low-income women entering the job market for the first time.
- Pauline E. Meyer Shelter: Book drive donating books for the children who reside in the facility.
- Supportive Services for Veterans (SSVF): Clothing drive for veterans and their families.