June 25, 2018
Tuesday, June 26th is election day. If you have not already voted by absentee, tomorrow is the day to cast your ballot. Polls will be open from 7am to 7 pm. To help you decide who to vote for, the OKCMAR Government Affairs and RPAC Committees took the time to research the candidates and decide who best represent the interest of the profession. After reviewing questions and research developed by OKCMAR’s Government Affairs staff the list of this year’s suggested candidates is below.
In support of these candidates, OKCMAR held a special reception where OKCMAR presented them with contributions to their campaigns from RPAC. These checks represented our appreciation and acknowledgement of past and future support for the profession.
(click on each image to supersize!)
County Assessor: Larry Stein
- Is the current Oklahoma County Deputy Assessor
- Has 17 years of experience as a certified assessor
- Has been a supporter and friend to OKCMAR and the REALTOR® community
- Helped create and manage the award-winning assessor website
- Helped the assessor’s office earn perfect audit scores form the Oklahoma Tax Commission
District 3 County Commissioner: Kevin Calvey
- Has served 12 years in the Oklahoma Legislature, having been elected from two different legislative districts
- Served in the Oklahoma National Guard during the Iraq war
- Is an attorney who volunteered his services for various nonprofits across the community
- He and his wife are real estate investors; and his wife is a former REALTOR®
District 1 County Commissioner: Al McAffrey
- Represented Northwest Oklahoma City for 12 years in the Oklahoma Legislature
- Served in the Navy and is a former police officer
- Has been a successful businessman and owner of properties across the metro
- Has set as one of his major goals to aid the effort to find creative ways to procure affordable housing throughout the county
County Sheriff: Todd Gibson
- Was appointed sheriff in October 2017 to fill the un-expired term of the previous sheriff
- His short tenure has been viewed as a success by the other county officials and those involved in county government
- Retired from the Norman Police department where he held several leadership roles
- He and his wife have been business investment property owners for over 20 years.
By supporting candidates both monetarily and with our votes, we develop a relationship that helps us work together for not only the good of REALTORS®, but the community. RPAC is an important part of OKCMAR’s success in representing the interest of the membership. When we are there when they need help, it helps ensure they will be there when we need help.